_______________________________________________________________________

Our names are Jon and Joanna Gurr.
We are the creators of royal destiny. The name comes
from the fact that we are both madly in love with Jesus and believe

that because of what He has done for us we have been adopted
by Father God as his son and daughter. We made this blog to write
about our daily lives and the amazing life adventure we are on together.

We hope you will enjoy this site. We know we will enjoy hosting it.
_______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Painting and a Movie

I (Jon) paint on the side sometimes for extra income. I am painting three rooms of a lady's house in our church. I started the first room on Monday and it was very obvious that it was going to take two coats of paint for that room. Doing all this painting, got me thinking about the proffesion. I think that all professional painters must be perfectionist at heart. Painting is extremely tedious so anyone that would want to do it full time must have a bit of perfectionism in them. The problem with this is that I am not a perfectionist and there would never be a definition of my name with the word tedious in it. I fall under the category of "why make your bed if you are just going to sleep in it again that night" or " use paper plates so that you don't have to do the dishes later, or better yet lets just go out to eat". Now don't get me wrong, I do a good job painting, but becasue I lack the criteria to be a proffesional, I must put all my energy into concentrating to do the job right. I must say though, it is good money and can be done pretty quickly when you get into a good rythym.

We also went to go see the Bourne Ultimatum this afternoon. It was a great movie, definitely in my top 20 of movies ever seen. The movie has come under fire a little bit from the conservative side because of its portrayal of some of the CIA agents their training tactics as evil. They did make the CIA agents bad in the movie, but it was just a movie and it was great story line. I tend to not get bent out of shape if movies make an under handed political statement it just doesn't bother me. I just want the movie to be good. As long as it entertains me, I'm happy. I will say that I personally do believe that the CIA does alot of things that we don't know about and probably don't want to know about. And I am okay with not knowing, just keep my country protected. My grade for the Bourne Ultimatum is an "A".

1 comment:

Keleigh said...

Okay so you guys are the greatest ever and you are number one in all of our hearts. By the way I started blogging this midnight hour. What am I doing up? - blogging because you set me up. Stop by and check it out. Of course I am technically challenged in all the editting and just getting started. But could be fun.
Royal Mommy
Hey, If I am the Royal Mommy what does that make you?