_______________________________________________________________________

Our names are Jon and Joanna Gurr.
We are the creators of royal destiny. The name comes
from the fact that we are both madly in love with Jesus and believe

that because of what He has done for us we have been adopted
by Father God as his son and daughter. We made this blog to write
about our daily lives and the amazing life adventure we are on together.

We hope you will enjoy this site. We know we will enjoy hosting it.
_______________________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sick

Yep, I (Jon) am sick. I got the ole coughing, fever, and runny nose stuff. I'm pretty sure I got it from my nephew Charlie who had the same symptoms. I decided to hold Charlie and pray for him while he was sick, and sure enough I got what he had. I tend to have the attitude that if Jesus could touch sick people and not get sick then I should be able to also. I have to say that most of the time I don't. A few moths ago, I held and a prayed for a little girl who had strep throat (which is highly contagious), and I didn't get sick at all. I don't believe I have to stay away from sick people when they are sick. The Kingdom of God is within in me and because of that I should not be ruled by sickness. But I can't ignore the fact that I am sick. What I can do is not back down from sickness. I believe the enemy would love for me to reason that I got sick praying for a sick person, therefore, I will not go near sick people when I pray for them. I refuse to believe lies like that. All it makes me want to do is pray for more sick people and stand as close to them as possible. Faith is grown through risk. The more risks I take the more my faith grows; the more my faith grows the less sick I am. Anyway, that is my take on this cold I have contracted. It will not get me down. :)

No comments: