_______________________________________________________________________

Our names are Jon and Joanna Gurr.
We are the creators of royal destiny. The name comes
from the fact that we are both madly in love with Jesus and believe

that because of what He has done for us we have been adopted
by Father God as his son and daughter. We made this blog to write
about our daily lives and the amazing life adventure we are on together.

We hope you will enjoy this site. We know we will enjoy hosting it.
_______________________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Best Guitar Solos Ever

I really like the Eagles. I think they are some of the best guitar players ever. In fact, I believe they have one of the two best guitar solos ever. Hotel California:


I love this video it's part of their farewell tour so they are quite a bit older in it... but anybody that can play a two neck electric guitar is just awesome in my opinion. I love how effortlessly they play...they don't even have to think about what they are playing their hands just do it. That is a sign of someone who has mastered their craft. It totally amazes me. On the other side, I really don't have any idea what the song is about, but if I was to guess it probably isn't about good things.
The other song is Freebird by Lynyrd Sknyrd (I don't know what this song is about either, but again I don't think it's about good things) I heard it on the radio today which inspired me to write this post. It has an amazing guitar solo also:


I believe they had true God given talent. Especially those guitar players. I think they were born with a gift to play guitar. I just don't think they used there gifting for God's glory. There is a bible scripture that says the giftings and callings of God are irrevocable. They were born with a gift from God that could not be taken away, but they chose not to use those giftings for Him. They still sound amazing to me though....I wonder what they could have accomplished in life if they had used their gifting to glorify Him. In the era they were playing in...I believe they could have changed history.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.