_______________________________________________________________________

Our names are Jon and Joanna Gurr.
We are the creators of royal destiny. The name comes
from the fact that we are both madly in love with Jesus and believe

that because of what He has done for us we have been adopted
by Father God as his son and daughter. We made this blog to write
about our daily lives and the amazing life adventure we are on together.

We hope you will enjoy this site. We know we will enjoy hosting it.
_______________________________________________________________________

Monday, January 21, 2008

Fun

While my sister (Jennifer) and her husband (Mike) are in China picking up their newly adopted baby Mei, Joanna and myself are watching their other three children for 15 days. Today, we went to the Warner Robins Aviation Museum. We really had a blast. I'm not just talking about the kids, I'm talking about me too. Those that know me best, know that I am a kid at heart. I personally never want to grow out of the excitement of learning or seeing new things. So today was really fun for me. They had a ton of planes and helicopters. The best part was being able to sit in a couple of real pilot cockpits. One of the cockpits was from a fighter jet. i can't describe to you the hundreds of buttons and knobs a pilot has to be in charge of. Just sitting there looking at them was overwhelming. I couldn't even imagine actually having to memorize what they are and remembering all of that at 200MPH...all while being aware of the enemy. Needless to say I have a new found respect for all pilots, it really is an amazing job. Anyway, here are some pictures of our day today.

I Know...Dorky



Our cute niece Madi



Look at all the buttons....man it was incredible




Another nerdy picture




Madi, Charlie and Nathan in front of their favorite plane...."the shark plane"

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I know the kids are having a wonderful time with Uncle Jon & Aunt Joanna! Miss you guys, Erin P.S. Great Pics! No dorkey one's among them!