_______________________________________________________________________

Our names are Jon and Joanna Gurr.
We are the creators of royal destiny. The name comes
from the fact that we are both madly in love with Jesus and believe

that because of what He has done for us we have been adopted
by Father God as his son and daughter. We made this blog to write
about our daily lives and the amazing life adventure we are on together.

We hope you will enjoy this site. We know we will enjoy hosting it.
_______________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Snake

On Saturday, we helped clear land at our church. While we were there our Pastor found a snake. It was a about a 3 foot rat snake. Believe it or not, this was really exciting for me. I know you may be wondering why this would be so exciting to me. The short answer is fear. I will be writing another post soon on the subject of fear and how it completely crippled my life for years, but for now I will just give you the highlights. I missed out on a lot in my childhood because of fear. So now that I do not struggle with fear anymore, I have made a mental list of things I want to do in my life time. Most of the things are things that I would have been afraid of in my past. One was to catch a snake out in the wild. So I seized the moment, got a broken hoe and held the head down and picked up the snake. Believe me I know it sounds silly with me being 29...I even feel silly writing it, but it was a really big deal for me yesterday. Joanna was awesome. She was just as excited for me. I have an awesome wife and she 100% supports me in my dreams and wants me to fulfill all of them no matter how minor some of them are. Mike was great yesterday also. He has been catching snakes since he was ten, but instead of picking on me, he knows what I have come out of fear wise and was so excited for me as well. Anyway, her are the pictures of the snake handling.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon,

Way to go! Soon you will be handling snakes sans gloves. And as for rat snakes, there is very little to fear, unless you are a rat. I got bit again about a month ago and except for the blood, I didn't even know it.

Crotalus

Erin said...

I am proud of you, Jon!!! You are alot braver than I am!! You won't see me picking up a snake anytime soon:)

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Crawling Downloads With NZB Files You Can Rapidly Search Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Applications and Download Them @ Rapid Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]